Lock-It Hydrating Primer [Dupes: Cover FX Illuminating Primer base – $38.00] is an ultra-hydrating, water-based formula that preps your skin for perfect long-wear foundation application and comfortable all-day wear. Formulated with a lightweight, milky texture that feels weightless on the skin, it’s infused with nourishing ingredients, including vitamin B5, aloe vera, jojoba, and shea.
This primer features skin-smoothing oxygen-boosters to help long-wear foundations glide evenly onto skin for a poreless, soft finish. Fragrance-free, colorless, and supremely hydrating, it’s ideal for dry, sensitive skin types. Formulated without:
In an independent self-assessment study after a period of over 8 hours:
- 100% liked the way skin looked and felt with primer
- 100% said skin looked healthier, hydrated
- 100% said skin felt smoother and softer
- 100% said pores were less visible when using primer and Lock-It Foundation
- 100% said it absorbed easily
- 97% liked the application, texture, and scent
- 97% said wear was comfortable with primer and Lock-It foundation
- 97% said the primer improved the surface of skin
- 93% said it felt lightweight
- 93% said it smoothed rough patches
- 93% said primer provided a smooth canvas for foundation
- 93% said primer made skin look fresh all day
- 93% said this primer works perfectly with Lock-It Foundation
- 90% said skin felt younger
- 90% said foundation applied smoothly with primer and improved the condition of the skin
How to use: You can use Lock-It Hydrating Primer with any long-wear formula, but its perfect match is Kat Von D’s Lock-It Foundation (sold separately). Pair them together for ultimate comfort and unstoppable 24-hour wear.
Artistry tip: if you want a more lightweight, dewy finish, mix one pump of Lock-It Hydrating Primer with one pump of Lock-It Foundation on the back of your hand. Swirl to blend the two formulas together and apply as normal. Use a higher primer-to-foundation ratio to achieve more sheer and lightweight coverage. This technique is perfect for dry skin, and it’s the ultimate solution to achieve a dewy, flawless finish with your long-wear, full-coverage foundation.
Ingredients:Water, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Jojoba Esters, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Polyurethane-34, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium Edta, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Pantolactone, Citric Acid, 3-Aminopropanol.
Price: USD 32.00
Size: 30 ml/ 1 Oz
The brand is cruelty-free and vegan.
Who is it for? All skin type.
What are the finishing and base? Satin finishing. water base that is good for dry to very dry skin.
Is the ingredient skin friendly? Is there any trouble with the ingredients? skin friendly. No trouble.
What is so unique about this product? it’s hydrate skin and let my skin moist all day.
The product packaging is made from a plastic bottle with a pump applicator. The bottle comes with 2 kinds of designs.
Ratings: 5 out of 5
Because: My skin is very dry and prone to acne. The primer base is inexpensive and comes in a standard size which passes my consideration as a good quality product. When I use it, my makeup looks flawless and even after few times using it, the primer will still give such a good performance.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
Will I repurchase it? Yes.